Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Carrot Loaf Recipe


Classic carrot cake in a convenient loaf form. Slices of carrot loaf for everyone!











I’m a carrot cake purist. Give me a plain carrot cake over one filled with nuts or raisins or pineapples because carrot cakes with things in them are so not my jam. But, just in case you were wondering, I’m all about pineapples on pizza, no question there.



But, as Mike pointed out, I’m not a true carrot cake purist because sometimes I have my carrot cake sans cream cheese frosting. Sometimes, I even have (gasp) clotted cream with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt! That’s how I had this loaf: thickly sliced, slathered with homemade clotted cream and a generous sprinkle of salt. This is my favorite carrot cake recipe, just the right amount of heft and sweetness. It whips up in a flash and you can make it in sheet cake form or cupcakes if you’re feeling crafty. Or, if you’re feeling extra Easter-y, you could do a bunny loaf!

I’m all about the loaves, right now and forever because who doesn’t love a slice of cake that is masquerading as bread?



Have a lovely Easter friends! Hopefully we’ll be eating ham and going on a egg hunt. Do you have Easter plans? Tell me what you’re eating!
xoxo ham and eggs, steph




CARROT LOAF RECIPE MAKES 1 LOAF PREP TIME: 

10 MINUTES BAKE TIME: 50 MINS – 1 HOUR TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR

1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola oil
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups finely grated peeled carrots

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.

In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk the oil and sugar together until well blended. Add the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the flour mixture until blended, then incorporate the shredded carrots. Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes to an hour, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
Carrot Loaf Recipe Carrot Loaf Recipe Reviewed by HERALD CONTENT on 19:02 Rating: 5

No comments

Main Slider

5/slider-recent