Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Fast Growth Is Overrated

We live in a world obsessed with what we do.

  • What did you earn from your job last year?
  • What place did your team finish in the standings?
  • What trophy did you win? What award did you get? 
  • What measure of social status did you receive?

In moderation, this focus on what is fine. I like getting results just as much as the next person. I like performing well. I like being on top of my game. Achievement can be a good thing.So many of the problems I have run into as an entrepreneur, as a writer, and as an athlete have been because I have tried to grow too fast. I was so focused on getting a particular result that I ignored the fundamental habits that would have made my growth sustainable.

Fast growth forces you into a higher cost environment and if you don't have the systems and ability to handle those costs, you'll end up paying for it.

  • When I tried to push myself to lift bigger weights in record time, my body got run down and injured.
  • When I tried to force my business to the “next level” without knowing what I was getting into, I got stressed out and stepped on people's toes without meaning to.
  • When I tried to push down the accelerator and double revenues, I fell flat on my face with a product launch and didn't have a system that could service customers properly.

Fast growth and intense effort are great – if you have the foundation to handle the intensity. This is why Yuri Vardanyan focuses on five-rep maxes. He's building the foundation.

Put in your reps and build the capacity to do the work. There will be time for maxing out later. First, build the foundation.
Fast Growth Is Overrated Fast Growth Is Overrated Reviewed by HERALD CONTENT on 18:46 Rating: 5

No comments

Main Slider

5/slider-recent